Do you know where your food comes from?

Speech bubble graphic element coloured in yellow

It gets confusing when we talk about food.

There is fresh food that comes directly from the farm and into our homes – like apples and potatoes. But, a lot of the food we eat each day comes from food and beverage processors – foods like bread, cheese, oven-ready pizza, prepared meats and other family favourites.

In fact, about 65% of all the food leaving a farm makes its way into a processing facility. The other 35% is fresh product, like the kind you would buy in a grocery store or eat in a restaurant.

Frontline Food Facts is about celebrating the everyday heroes that keep us fed each day. But, the COVID-19 global pandemic has people asking questions, including questions about their food and the people who make it. We’re here to clear up and confusion and give you straight answers to your food questions.

So when it comes to your food, what do you want to know?

I don’t actually have a question, but I am curious about what others have asked